The conference will take place in the Hotel Court Park and at the University of Applied Sciences in Nysa. Nysa is an important educational and cultural center, tourist and holiday center of Opole Voivodeship, south-western Poland. Historically one of the largest and richest Silesian towns, which has been the capital of the Bishop's Duchy of Nysa for centuries.
Thanks to its rulers gained beautiful buildings and many priceless historic buildings, and the nickname "Silesian Rome" proudly unfolds this city in the world. Located in Flemish law in 1223, it belongs to the oldest Silesian cities. It was found in the mediaeval Nuremberg chronicler Hartmann Schedl of 1493.
The exact location of the hotel is showed on the map (zoom in to see details).
GPS = (50.473509, 17.3363003).
The sample car travel distances are:
- Wrocław (Wroclaw) 89 km,
- Prague 250 km,
- Vienna 334 km,
- Bratislava 338 km,
- Dresden 339 km,
- Warszawa (Warsaw) 391 km.
- Berlin 417 km,
Please note, all of the following information is given on the basis of official timetables provided by the transportation companies.
- Nysa is located in Opole voivodeship (province) (Silesia) which main (largest) city is Opole. You will usually travel to Nysa by Opole or Wroclaw.
Note for timetable/planner reading/writing:
- Wroclaw in polish is written Wrocław (line trough letter "l") - you can enter in planner english version (Wroclaw),
- bus station in polish is: dworzec autobusowy,
- railway station in polish is: dworzec kolejowy,
- airport in polish is: port lotniczy.
A few notes how to pronounce names in polish:
- the letter J / j in polish is pronounced like first letter in english word Yeti,
- the letter W / w is pronounced like first letter in english word Video,
- the letter I / i is pronounced like second letter in english word Video,
- the letter U / u is pronounced similarly to second sound in english word Good,
- the letter Ł / ł (it is not T/t (!!!), it is line trough letter L/l) is pronounced like first letter in english word Wood,
- the letters CZ / cz is pronounced like firs sound in english word China,
- the letters CH / ch is pronounced almost like letter H (difference is almost none).
1. Travel to Wrocław
- By car - its obvious - you can use your car navigation :)
- By plane - the route map of connections of Wrocław Copernicus Airport (WRO) is here:
- By train - PKP (Polskie Koleje Państwowe, english: Polish State Railways) timetable is here:
The Main Railway station in Wroclaw is called (in Polish) Wrocław Główny (not using national diacritical marks: Wroclaw Glowny).
- By bus - the quite fast and not very expensive bus connections (mainly country connections but also from several cities from other countries - e.g. Berlin, Prague, etc.) can be found here:
2. Travel from Wrocław airport to Nysa by car (travel time is about 1,2 hour)
3. Travel from Wrocław airport to Main Railway Station and Bus Station in Wroclaw
There are several taxi companies in Wroclaw - e.g. see: http://airport.wroclaw.pl/en/passager/getting-here/by-taxi/
The three have a contract with Wroclaw airport (can use Taxi area) however can be more expensive.
Note: If you want use taxi pleae consider to order a taxi by phone (e.g. MPT, Ryba Taxi, Radio Taxi, Eko Taxi, etc.).
The called taxi can stop in front of airport entrance for a short time.
By city bus
From the airport you can get to the Wroclaw Main Railway/Bus station :
- by bus No. 106: http://komunikacja.iwroclaw.pl/Timetable_line_106_DWORCOWA,0,0_Wroclaw,
- night bus No. 206 operates on the same route,
- also available special Wro Airport Express bus: here same info.
The detailed time table can be found here (here the route of an example connection). The line ends in Dworcowa street - in front of Wroclaw Main Railway station.
The ticket can be bought in the vending machine at the bus stop
The bus stations are located behind the railway station - see below. You can cross railway station using underpass.
There are three bus stations:
- Central Bus Station located in Wroclavia Center (shopping center on Sucha street) - inside on level -2,
- Temporary Bus Station (polish: Tymczasowy) - still used for some connections (rather not regional),
- Bus station on Joannitow/Dawida street (bus stops in fact) - used for regional connections.
The localization shows the foto map below:
4. Travel from Wrocław to Nysa by bus
- There are many bus conections from Wroclaw to Nysa. Several companies serve connections that starts from one of three bus stations in Wroclaw center.
The "bus" term in polish usually means small bus/vehicle for about 10-15 passengers. The full sized bus is called in polish "autobus". But not always - sorry :( - sometimes full sized bus is also called in polish bus.
- The regional connections usually start at the station on Dawida street. One or two to Nysa starts from Central Bus station on Sucha street. Temporary Bus Station is used (sometimes) for long distance connections. The bus station on Dawida street is sometimes described using names of two streets i.e. Joannitow/Dawida.
Most connections to Nysa starts from Dawida (Joannitow/Dawida) street.
- The planner/time table for many bus connections:
Journey Planner - enter start (type: Wroclaw) and destination (enter: Nysa)
5. Travel from Wrocław to Nysa by train
- There are several rail conections from Wroclaw to Nysa, but only two direct connections. The rest is with a break in the city Opole.
- The travel time for direct connection is about 1,5 hour. The direct connections from Main Railway station (Wroclaw Glowny) are (departure-arrival): 15:27-17:02 and 20:00-21:41.
- PKP (Polskie Koleje Państwowe, english: Polish State Railways) timetable is available here: http://rozklad-pkp.pl/en
Note: to choose The Main Railway station in Wroclaw enter (in Polish) Wroclaw Glowny.
6. Travel from Railway/Bus station in Nysa to the hotel
- For most connections the end stop in Nysa is next to the Nysa railway station - on Kolejowa street or Bema street, or Raclawicka street (located next to each other) - see the map. The distance from the bus stop to the Court Park hotel is small.
- The Court Park Hotel in polish is called "Dwór Biskupi". The entrance to the hotel is on Chodowieckiego street (pronounce it without C at the beginning).
- See the separate page for maps describing key points in Nysa: >> click HERE (draft version) <<